Food provides energy for our brain and muscles. Going for long periods of time without food, like skipping a meal, creates a dip in energy levels. Spreading calories throughout the day provides energy all day long and this is where the concept of eating 6 small meals a day can be useful.
1. Eat breakfast.
2. Don’t skip meals: skipping meals = low energy levels that cannot be recovered + overeating at the next meal.
N.B.: THESE ARE NOT A EFFICIENT TACTIC TO LOSE WEIGHT
3. Eat every 4 hours by including snacks in between meals.
4. You can’t eat healthy foods if they are not in the fridge or cupboard! Have them handy.
Drinking water, Perrier/soda water,herbal teas, decaffeinated beverages all count as hydrating beverages!
1.Drink 1 cup every hour you are at work (4 big gulps)
2.Set a time goal- ex.. Drink one bottle before lunch
3. Set a timer to remind yourself
4. Keep a small glass or bottle at your desk, within reach
5. Jazz up the water with lemon or fruit juice
6. Treat yourself to soda water
—Probiotics (eg. Yogurt enriched, special foods)
—B vitamins (whole grains, fruits, green veggies, meats)
—Selenium (Brazil nuts, walnuts, tuna, turkey, cheese)
—Vitamin C (many fruits and vegetables)
—Zinc (beef, pork, lamb, beans)